Review: Embracing Death (The Death Trilogy #2) by D.T. Dyllin

When I first started reading this series, I'll be honest, I was just plain confused. It took a long while into the first book to really understand everything that was going on with Samantha and the people around her. However, once everything was flushed out and you really saw everything that was the truth and what were lies, the story made sense and it got good real fast. Now heading into the second book Embracing Death, it really made this story better in my eyes. You understood who the characters were and what they can do, while still leaving a lot of question marks to be left solved in this book. The Embracing Death world is a hot and steamy one but it definitely has a lot of WTF moments in it.

Samantha is an empath, meaning she can feel everyone's emotions around her. She is part of a law enforcement team that is made up of people like her that have different gifts that allow them to solve crimes in a different way than normal cops. However, Samantha's power is starting to become dangerous. The dark side is that the feelings she gets from death, murder and pain are fueling something dark inside of her and she is on the edge of becoming something bad. On top of that she has to deal with a love triangle situation, along with the idea that the people she thought she knew deceived her and although she isn't going crazy yet, she might be well on her way there. Her attraction with Austin is heating up to nuclear levels, but even that relationship is in question at this point. Sam has a lot to deal with coming out of the first book and Embracing Death takes her on another emotional ride.

This is the fourth book I've read by D.T. Dyllin, and let me tell you, girl knows how to make it hot. You can feel the sizzle between Sam and Austin coming off the page. Add in some really great story telling about deception and supernatural abilities and you won't be able to put this book down. Plus, this book left me reeling for the third book, RIGHT NOW! I can't wait to see what happens next!-My Opinion- Buy it!

Source: http://bookmarksspoilersandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2013/12/review-blog-tour-embracing-death-by-dt.html