Review: The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1) by Rachel Morgan

The Faerie Guardian (Volume 1) - Rachel Morgan

Listen when you open a book with a crazy battle with a snake like demon thing in someones bedroom and then hop right into a faerie world....you know you are going to go for a good ride. I felt like this story went from zero to sixty in four words and never let off the gas! Violet Fairdale, or Vi, is about to become LEGENDARY in the Guild as a guardian, until that boy with a magnetic pull steps foot into her world were the penalty for letting it happen is high. What I didn't expect was all the twist and turns that end up happening and all the mystery that is about to be uncovered that affects everything that Vi thought she knew about her world.

Vi was pretty awesome. I love a good snark in a girl and she definitely had it throughout the story. She was strong, smart and super driven which all make a great independent female lead. The fact that a human boy could crack her warrior shell was something that even I wasn't sure could seem real at first, in fact I thought it was going to end up feeling forced, but I was proven very wrong by the author. The way these two connect actually turned out very organic and the sparks you could feel coming off the page. You add in her former best friend....turned enemy....that may just be back on her side again and all the things that she learned about the people around her and the relationships Vi has with all these people created a great story to sit in this world.

This world is also something that I really liked about this read. It was well thought out from the environment surrounding the characters to the social structure of the fae to the enemies that they have to face. Everything about this book was described well and you really got a sense about what was going on and where it was taking place. With lots of action, some sweet romance and a whole lot of betrayal going on around her, Vi puts most female heroes to shame!

Source: http://thebookblogattheendoftheuniverse.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-faerie-guardian-by-rachel-morgan.html